Saturday, October 30, 2010

Getting some real world experience

    Over the last week and a half we have had some opportunities to get out and see some of our candy buffets in action. We had some great experiences and had a great time getting to talk to people about our great candy!
     On October 21st we went to the Friends of the Mishawaka-Penn-Harris Library 30th Birthday Bash. They had decided that a great way to celebrate the occasion would be with a Jumbo Jelly Bean Candy Buffet. The candy buffet was exclusively Jumbo Jelly Beans! There was a couple of jugglers, a hula dancer, a balloon man and a magician. The South Bend Chocolate Company was also there with some chocolates  as well as crafts and face painting for kids. There was also a lady there with her vintage photographs from when she owned a nightclub in South Bend. I wish I had had time to check out her photos. Fun was had by all, that is for sure!! I will say that doing a candy buffet limited to Jumbo Jelly Beans was by far the easiest set up that I have done so far and everyone enjoyed it!
   Then on October 23rd I went to Waynesville, Missouri for my grandparent's 50th anniversary celebration. I was limited to what I could fit in my suitcase so I did just a small candy buffet for friends and family to enjoy. Some of the candy that we selected was sentimental (Bit o Honeys-which my grandpa always used to carry in his lunchbox) and some was chosen for color (candy corn taffy). The best was getting to see everyone having a Jumbo Jelly Bean and giant flavored malt balls. I took Red Licorice (my grandma's favorite) and Pineapple Jumbo Jelly Beans because their colors and flavors were spot-on for a fall celebration. I also took Peanut Butter, Cherry, Chocolate and Pumpkin Malt Balls, They were a smashing success!!! This buffet showed how success a low-key candy buffet can be. This size was perfect for this party!









No comments:

Post a Comment